The cost of volunteering is significant both in time and financially. We do our best to keep expenses low and to work with volunteers to creatively make their volunteer experience possible. For volunteers staying making a commitment in excess of six months we will do our best to provide a stipend cover in-country expenses.
For those seeking to raise money to fund their trip, we are happy to assist. Donations made by volunteers, or others on their behalf, to Pagus, are tax deductible (always check with a tax professional). Below are the related costs:
- Program Fee $275 *
- Accommodations for Volunteers staying less than 3 months: $50/week.
- Accommodations are free for volunteers staying more than 3 months.
- Cost of food and in-country transport range from $5-20/day depending on specific tastes and dietary needs.
- Transport to/from Ho estimated at $100 each way by private car.
- RT Airfare
- Travel /Emergency Evacuation Insurance
- Visit to Travel Medicine Clinic / Vaccinations
- Accommodations for your last night in Ghana (Accra) if early morning flight
*The Program Fee covers costs both directly and indirectly relating to your visit. Direct costs this fee covers include:
Pre-trip Guidance and Support (orientation, handbook, etc.), assistance with visa process, arrangements for transport and accommodations, letters of reference, etc.
Please note: This is a non-refundable fee.
** Payment for Trip Fee is due 6 weeks prior to travel. If specific arrangements have not been determined the fee will be predicated on $50/week.