Impact – a Look at Our Accomplishments
Sample accomplishments of the past 12 years:
The list goes on –provision of school buses, health care and even farming projects. We have worked directly with four schools both with their teachers and one-on-one with the students.
Accomplishments -Quick List
- Opened Pagus Center for Achievement in Ho offering a lending library, computer resources to aid in online learning, and tutoring services.
- Conducted Literacy Programs in rural basic schools (now in our 3rd year at Lokoe School)
- Conducted Day Camps to further the education of youth serving 100 students through the month of August.
- Implemented a sponsorship program that has sent over 120 students to school.
- Implemented a work/study scholarship program for those moving on to secondary and tertiary education.
- Created safe housing and care for vulnerable children to live while attending school.
- Built and opened the Pagus Learning Center in Kpando open to all students at Bishop Forson School.
- Conducted classes to assist students pass critical examinations
- Awarded scholarships to innovative summer programs and teacher training
- Built an eight classroom school with offices, library and bathrooms
- Provided a clean and sustainable water source for the Bishop Forson School
- Created and implemented volunteer programs including Painting Possibilities
- Sent containers and other shipments of school and medical supplies and equipment
- Sent a school van and a second vehicle for farm and other essential work
- Undertaken various farming projects and introduced drip irrigation
- Built and distributed 1st aid boxes to 22 schools in Ho Municipality, VR
- Consulted and built websites for Nongovernmental Organizations in Ghana that are closely aligned with ours.
- Helped get an ambulance on the road to bring help to rural villages
Ongoing Educational Programs
- Sponsorship of Basic School students
- Pathways/Pagus Scholarships
- Student Internship Program
- Computer classes
- Literacy at Lokoe School
- Summer Camp
- Tutoring in Math, English and other subjects
- Teacher training
- Creative and critical thinking workshops
- Youth Clubs
- Tippy Taps for clean hands and good health
- Clean water solutions for neighboring villages