Dynamic English classes for primary school students…
Lokoe Reads is a program designed to supplement the Ghana Education Service’s English curriculum. English is Ghana’s official language but is a 2nd language to Ewe for students growing up in the Volta Region. Our program utilizes Scott Foresman and other textbooks and learning materials to deliver lessons that are engaging and child-centered.
- Incorporate creative activities and other disciplines like science experiments, arts and crafts projects, sports and games, etc.
- Benchmark student progress to demonstrate the effectiveness of these teaching methods.
- Work cooperatively with teachers to demonstrate and encourage positive teaching methods.
- Work closely with our Literacy Supervisor who assists in creating relevant lesson plans and activities.
- Submit weekly reports on work accomplished, overall experience, and observations and submit
Qualifications/ Desired Traits: Highly-motivated, organized individuals who care for others in need will be most successful in this position as are excellent communications skills. Teaching/tutoring experience and classroom experience is desirable but not required.
Accommodations: Pagus offers free housing for volunteers in Ho. We have a 2 bedroom apartment that is shared with 1 or more volunteers.
Duration: A one year commitment is preferred but we will consider a shorter duration that corresponds with the school terms.
Fill out a volunteer application or call 610-299-3373 to learn more today!